One of Scotland’s most remarkable buildings, Rosslyn Chapel has been in the ownership of our family since its foundation in 1446 and is still used today as a place of worship.
Rosslyn Chapel has stood on its exposed site for well over 550 years – a tribute to the skills and craftsmanship of its original builders. The single most important factor contributing to that survival has been the fact that none of the original construction used timber – everything was built and carved in stone. Nevertheless, centuries of sitting exposed to the Scottish weather on the edge of a hill has had an impact and it was recognised by the Trust many years ago that repair and conservation work was essential to ensure the long term integrity of the building and its survival throughout another century and beyond.
AddressRosslyn Chapel, Chapel Loan, ,
Roslin, Midlothian, EH25 9PU